Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General DentistLutz, FL
While a General Dentist will help a child receive the necessary dental care, it will not be as beneficial or specific as a Pediatric Dentist. One major difference between a General and Pediatric Dentist is that a Pediatric Dentist goes through specialized training to treat dental issues within infants, children and patients in their early teens. After completing the typical four-year dental school program, a Pediatric Dentist then completes two more years of residency training to gain the title of a Pediatric Dentist.
The type of issues an endodontist treats
- A pediatric dentist can safely provide an accurate and harmless examination of an infant’s first tooth. Since baby teeth begin to grow as early as 1 year of age, it is crucial for a pediatric dentist to ensure that the teeth grow in properly. A Pediatric Dentist will know best and the earlier a parent’s visits the dentist for their child, the better. Call us to see when the best time to schedule a checkup is.
- Parents may understand that certain foods affect a child’s dental health, but may be unaware that pacifier use and thumb sucking can also negatively affect a child’s teeth. A pediatric dentist can help to guide parents on breaking these habits with their child at the right time.
- When it comes to the actual visit, a pediatric dentist can provide a comfortable and child-friendly atmosphere. Children will feel more comfortable in the waiting room and be at ease with Dr. Faddy Makaryus chairside manner.
- Since children are still developing their teeth, oral hygiene will differ for each child based on the age. A pediatric dentist can go over the best and healthiest oral hygiene technique for the child. Children should not use the same fluoride toothpaste that adults use and will need a gentle tooth brush.
- Pediatric dentists use specifically-designed tools for children’s dental care. Along with creating a comfortable atmosphere for children, pediatric dentists understand that children are not full-grown adults and need different treatment methods than adults.
Along with providing proper dental care, Dr. Faddy Makaryus strives to help the child build a healthy relationship with dental checkups and oral hygiene techniques. The goal is to educate the parent and child on proper dental hygiene in a fun atmosphere. Instead of judging and lecturing a patient, Dr. Faddy Makaryus spends more time educating the patient.
By creating a positive atmosphere in the dental office, the hope is that the child will feel more comfortable with the aspect of returning for another visit. Dr. Faddy Makaryus can take care of the patient as necessary, parents need to help the child with dental hygiene at home. By working together, parents and Dr. Faddy Makaryus can help ensure that the child receives the necessary care.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General Dentist Lutz
Back to top of Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General Dentist
A kids dental cleaning is one of the best ways to improve a child's oral health and reduce the likelihood of them developing tooth decay. This is such an essential part of oral hygiene that we recommend scheduling these visits twice a year. This allows us to remove plaque and tartar that has built up…
Straightening a kid's teeth is easier than most parents realize. By visiting our orthodontic office, it is possible to straighten your child’s teeth with minimal discomfort or effort. We take care of the hard part – applying the braces. Then, on a regular basis, we will examine their teeth to see how they are progressing…
Scheduling a a href="https://www.milestonesdentistry.com/lutz-fl/oral-health-diet/">cavity treatment for kids at the first sign of a cavity is critical for ensuring that the decayed portion of the tooth does not spread and create additional problems. We find that most oral health problems occur when cavities go undetected and untreated. In that case, they can spread and create dental…
Very often, parents bring their children to a dentist for kids when they have started school. Schools are great at encouraging parents to schedule routine visits and sometimes schools will even have a dentist stop by for a preliminary checkup. If you are a parent whose child has been examined at school and are unsure…